Calcutta Foundation has been involved in providing financial support to many young men and women, for further studies or training. Benefactors are invited to support CF in worthy causes, such as:
- Sanjib Mondal, a brilliant musician from Oxford Mission, went to Oxford to be trained as a First violinist and a conductor.
- Nursing scholarships are being given to girls after passing out from Udayan; so far 10 girls have benefitted through these.
- Trainers have been appointed to train girls in skills such as Kantha, other embroideries, and tailoring.
- Loans are given young students for further studies in India or abroad.
- A bright young student from Kolkata, got 100% scholarship from Kent University, US, to pursue his doctoral programme. Calcutta Foundation will provide airfare to and from Kent.
- In the past, Anuradha Kapoor wished to start a centre for battered women. She was given a scholarship by Calcutta Foundation to visit similar centres in America, in 1995/96. On her return, she set up SWAYAM, a counseling centre for battered women in Kolkata, which is doing excellent work.